Saturday 25 April 2009

When I fall in love...

So next weekend is the big day for my mum and day - the renewal of their wedding days after 35 years of marriage.

When they tied the knot the first time round my parents were in a very different situation than they are now, having been brought up by typical working class 1950's families. It was the 70s and things were so different to how they are now - both my parents worked really hard but they just couldn't afford the kind of things we take for granted now. So there they were, married in a registry office service, followed by a small budget reception and a short honeymoon in the UK!
Fast forward 30 years, and life is very different for my parents. They are now in a position to afford to do everything exactly as they want to, and I can't wait to share their special day.

As a memento of the event my mum asked me to make some jewellery for my sisters - which I duly made and passed over this week, foolishly forgetting to photograph them! But never fear, I decided to make my mum a matching piece as a surprise, which I have been able to capture with my crappy photography skills.







I took two photo's, one with and one without the flash, so you can get an idea of both the design and the colours (I do wonder why I can't get the hang of providing both in one photo!). The GORGEOUS handmade lampwork focal came from the uber talented Keiara Wells - thanks love!

1 comment:

by keiara - lampwork beads said...

congratulations to your parents! I hope you all have a wonderful time! I'm glad you like the focal :) *LOVE* xox