Friday 31 December 2010

New Years Eve, 2010

Truth be told, I'm glad to see the back of 2010. While it's had it's highs, it has most certainly had its shitty points, and plenty of them. Here's my swift round up and resolutions for the wonderful 2011 that I'm anticipating:

Top 10 things for 2010 (in no particular order of awesomeness):

10) My 30th Birthday. Until I just wrote that I had forgotten this had happened this year, and my word did hitting 30 feel sucky, however I had a brilliant celebration with both friends (in the form of a great, bloody brilliant infact, night out) and family (a lovely meal) so the event itself was good.
9) Having a lovely holiday in June with Mum and Dad, and missing Shaun like there was no tomorrow. It's good to know that feeling of needing to be with somebody. It reminds you of what is important.
8) Really seeing an improvement with my crafting skills - especially the Christmas craft, in particular making Shaun's advent calender.
7) Getting more quality family time in - having fun with Karen and the Step Up 3D weekend of joy!, and spending time with Mum, Dad, Shaun and his family in newcastle, and seeing big sis Claire and her family before Christmas (and attending my first Christingle in years!)
6) Visiting Santa Claus with Thomas - that was actually kind of magical.
5) Finishing all my CIPD CTP coursework, and submitting it all before Christmas. WooYeah!
4) Experiencing hypnotherapy, and being able to loose 3 stone as a result, as well as becoming the most chilled out kitten in the world. I've neglected it in the last 2 months due to illness etc, and want to capture that feeling again.
3) Getting a distinction in my first Written Assignment. It was a HUGE confidence boost
2) Going on a date with Shaun, to the wonderful Tonic. One of the most wonderful nights I've ever had.
1) Christmas 2010, which has in all ways been wunderbar! Despite being poorly through most of December, I had a lovely Christmas party with work, a great night with Anna-Marie and Pete, and a wonderful traditional family Christmas where I was spoilt rotten.

Resolutions for 2011:

1) I'm going to get off my Iphone at home, and read more. I spend most of my time online and it's a waste!
2) I will improve even further in my craft - I love spending my time on this but don't always achieve as much as I should.
3) I will give myself 1 hour each week for my hypnotherapy CDs.
4) I will continue to try and eat correctly.
5) I will do at least 1 dance on the Kinect Dance Central Game, and 3 Kinect Adventure games each day. It's not much but it's a bloody good start!
6) I will try and fit more quality 'family' and 'Shaun' time into my schedule.

I don't think 6 is a bad number, and this year I wanted my resolutions to be achievable, so I would actually stick to them for once!

Anyway, to anyone who see's this, I wish you a happy, healthy, wealthy and peaceful 2011!

Lots of love

Laura
xxx

No comments: