Sunday 23 August 2009

Happy Birthday to ya!

Oh my gosh, I just realised that I have a ton of crafty makes that have never been blogged! I'm going to set that right, so here is a blog catch up...

Hubby Shaun had his birthday at the end of June - he's a massive Wolverine fan, and loves gaming, so I combined the two!

The template for the game controller came from one of my craft mags (can't remember which one, I'll update this if I do!), and the little TV is a drawing of the LG wide screen in our front room - Shaun's pride and joy lol! I was even able to find a screen freeze of the new Wolverine game, so it looks like the card is mid-game. The 'happy birthday' sentiment is even in the official Xbox 360 font typeface lol.

I was *so* pleased with how this turned out, however if I was making it again I would probably use a patterned paper behind the controller.




This cute little card was made for my friend Nichola, who gave birth a few weeks ago to her gorgeous little girl - Millie.

I love the baby girl ribbon so much, it's so cute! It's funny how yummy pink and brown can look together.







I made this card for a very special person, Phill at Honeypot crafts. I tried my best to make a really nice card, as Phill is so clever and kind of my papercraft hero!

I used a Stampin' Up Top Note die cut shape for the base of this card - I love this shape so much, but sadly the die is only avaliable in America! I managed to get a few cuts from ebay, and think I'll get some more as I love this card!

I went for a banoffi cupcake theme - I hope it doesn't look too feminine?

Last, but not least, this is the card I created for my little sisters 26th Birthday. Like me, Karen is in denial, so I went for a '21 again' sentiment.

I got the idea for flipflops from a crafty swap that was taking place at artrageousafternoon - such fun! I used my massive size 8 flipflops as a template, and even used red corragated card to make the bases look as real as possible! They were really fun to make, and I've included a close up of the flower embellishments below. I went crazy with the stickles, I'm new to this brand of glitter glue but I now love it! :D

Anyway, that's it for now - please excuse the long post!





4 comments:

theothermousie said...

Hi Laura - hope you're well! Gorgeous cards - love them all especially the cupcakes & banoffee... ahem!

I love seeing your work - so you must show us more! Are you listening - hee hee!!

Take care

Sarah xx

theothermousie said...

Hi Laura - hope you're well! Gorgeous cards - love them all especially the cupcakes & banoffee... ahem!

I love seeing your work - so you must show us more! Are you listening - hee hee!!

Take care

Sarah xx

Laura said...

Thanks Sarah, you're very kind! :D I must admit the better I get the more fun it is - I've got a long way to go though!

by keiara - lampwork beads said...

FANTASTIC cards, love!! these are the most awesome cards I've ever seen.. you're totally my papercraft hero(ine) ;) xox